Hola,
Well today was my first day in Madrid. Ileana and I found each other quickly at the airport, so I did not have to venture into the city alone. After navigating our way through the metro we arrived at where we will call home for the next month. The program did not want us going to our home stays until noon so we spent a two hours just sitting on benches. People gave us some pretty interesting stares. Finally, we checked in with our host family, who is a middle aged woman who lives by herself in an apartment. She speaks mostly Spanish so when I don't know whats going on Ileana translates for me (which is most of the time).
Today we spent much of the time sleep and now are planning on exporing a bit of the city. School starts bright and early tomorrow.
I am picking up my spanish again quickly but have a long way to go.
Monday, May 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good Luck on your first day of school. I miss you already, come back with lots of stories
ReplyDelete