Dear Madrid,
The time has come for me to leave you now. I have had an amazing time. My studies at Nebrija were short but amazing. I will miss my amazing professors and wish all the students that come after me to Nebrija get to have the same wonderful experience I did. Thank you for all the new friends I have made over a month. We will always share something special together. I hope we are all able to keep in touch when we return to San Diego.
Madrid, you have so much to offer tourists. The unique culture and history of Spain is seen through your monuments and museums. Although I did not do or see everything you have to offer, I feel like I know you well. I hope to one day return and enjoy you and your people again.
Your people are unlike any others I have met. So many kind and helpful people that put up with our broken Spanish. I do not love the food here, but you are full of Mcdonald's and Burger Kings so I was able to find something to eat.
Thanks for allowing me to stay with one of your own for an entire month. Pilar is amazing and has many stories about you from when she was young. She always made us feel at home and is nice enough to let us stay an extra day.
Madrid, I have spent one of the most amazing months of my life with you. You provided so many new experiences, new faces, and new opportunities. If sadly I never am able to return to your beautiful city, I will always remember the month I spent here with you. You have faced some hard political times in the past but I can tell you have a bright future. I am so thankful for everything that I have done over that last month. There really are no words that express my love for you, Madrid.
This month has gone by too fast but it's time for me to move on to discover a new city and a different culture. Rome will only be the start of my journy, but Madrid, you will always have a special place in my heart.
Always,
Sam
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment