Thursday, June 24, 2010
English
While in Valencia we came across two girls from London. They had the strongest accents and it was the best. I happen to love a good british accent and I try and fail many times to try to speak with one. It seems to be common, that americans try to speak with a different accent especail with a british accent. So as we talked with them I wondered Do they try to speak with an American accent? Or can they? After a few drinks and getting to know them better, it seemed okay to ask. They were shy about trying to speak with an american accent but laughed at our attempts at their accents. When they finally tried an american accent, they said the only thing they can say is "OMG." I am guessing that they were fans of MTV and the various shows about southern california, like the Hills. Even though we did not get them to speak "american" to us, we got the chance to pratice our britsh but I still am unable to do a successful british accent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment