Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A tourist no more

Well, my trip is coming to an end. I still have over a week in Europe but the traveling has settled. I am no longer changing countries every few days or getting on and off trains all day. For the rest of my journey I will be spending time in Germany. Currently I am in Essen Germany where my cousin has been staying for the past year.
Now that I have time to relax I am starting to miss home more and more. Everyone I have stayed with has made me feel at home but still I sometime find myself thinking of home.
I am no longer doing the usuaully tourists stuff but instead just spending time relaxing and hanging out. After over a month of being a tourists, its nice to get back to a somewhat normal life. Although I still can not speak the language and don't know all the customs, I feel less like a tourists.
Traveling is way more work than I thought it would be. Trying to figure out where you are going all the time and having to move every few days takes a lot out of you. I had a great trip but its nice to just relax a little. Now I am off to explore a bit of Essen and area of Germany before returning to Berlin for a few more days and then making my way back to Madrid to catch my flight home.

No comments:

Post a Comment